Art n That Init

Kerry was out getting her arsed bleached or summat so Piggy and I wandered to the Whitworth for a mooch.  This time we could move a little and Piggy ran and screamed about the place.

I must admit that part of the reason for going was that there was a photography competition on, and even though I didn't take it seriously I am a sucker for competitions.

I think my first ever competition was one at school where the teacher set a competition to see who could fit the most different things into a matchbox, the small one like "Englands Glory" matches.  Each thing in the matchbox had to be different.  I got over 100 things in mine and the nearest competitor got less than 50, I felt ever so proud.  I did feel very angry however when they decided, at the last minute, that there were going to be 2 winners, the best boy and the best girl.  NO, NO, NO, I thought, it wasn't like it was even close.  Some idiots were sticking stuff like marbles and shit in their matchbox, how did they expect to win?  They weren't showing any innovation at all.  I had a small piece of sellotape with a salt, sugar, pepper and various herbs and everything.  I'm still annoyed about it!

Any road, Piggy and I meandered through the museum and stopped to make a tower and dress up in pots and pans.  Piggy then collected leaves in the park to put in the bin and then we had a fight with sticks and I won, mine was about 12 foot long and his was only about 12 inches, fuckin loser! : )

I imagined that there would be many cliched images for the Whitworth photography competition so I got a bit contemporary on their asses.  The last 2 images of this selection were what I chose to enter the competition with.

"Cold Dark Matter: An Exploded View"

"Piggy responding to the Cornelia Parker piece"


"Dandelion Time"


Comments

Popular Posts