John le Fucker

On Sunday afternoon we had a late autumnal walk around Oak Hill Park in Accrington. It was the first time I had been to the park and I was pleasantly surprised. I think I've mentioned this before but we do parks quite well in this country, one of the many legacies from the Victorian era I think.

We were greeted by a mansion when we entered, the last private owners being Alice Liddell & Reginald Hargreaves. I've mentioned Alice before in this blog and I've displayed an image of her, she was the inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’. Reginald was a cricketer and Wikipedia notes that during his last 2 games he was dismissed by Eddy Bastard. This took me down a different alley of study in Wikipedia where I found John le Fucker, a 13th century gentleman, Jo Kunt, a Czech Olympic Fencer and evidence of a Taiwan lad called Ti Sai, directly translating to ‘Pig Shit’.  (Co-incidentally, Carl Makinson, a lad who I used to go to school with, used to call his little sister 'Pig Shit'!)

We said hello to the ducks and the mandarins and then had a go on the slides and swings. We were in the toddler play area and separated by a small fence from the children’s areas. From that area kids were shouting, “Show this to your fucking dad yer fucking prick”, “Fuck off” & “I’ll shove this fucking thing up yer fucking arse”. It was like John le Fucker himself was playing in the park!

I wonder if the kids in Dorset are less scummish?




"Autumal Accrington"

Comments

Popular Posts