Friday Night in the Indian

The Kiran is my local Indian takeaway, the food is good and the lads who work there are a lovely bunch of lads.  I usually get my order delivered but if it’s only me who’s eating I feel guilty.  Plus there’s the whole ‘tip’ situation.  I think here in England we usually tip waiters 10% or so, does that apply to all trades?  You see, if I was to place a delivery order just for me and my meal came to £10, I would feel like a tip of £1 would be insulting.  Remember these guys are doing much more of a job than a waiter; they’re jumping in cars and making free deliveries within a 3 mile radius.  When I order for Kerry and I usually the bill comes to about £17 and I tip them about £3.  I believe that is over the odds without being mental, as a percentage that’s about 17%.  But let’s say I gave the man £15 for the £10 meal and told him to keep the change, then I reckon he would think that I’m trying to entice him into performing sexual acts upon me and both of us would feel uncomfortable.  So I picked my order up in person.


The window cleaner was in as he usually is at that time, I see him regularly on my way past on a Friday night.  He must be at least 90 but he always seems to be enjoying himself.   The Indian seemed a much more vibrant place than the chippy did the other week.

"Man appreciating my moustache"

"The Window Cleaner"

Comments

Popular Posts