A Spring Day Out with the Family

Kerry, the boy and I went to Tatton Park at the weekend.  It was warm, sunny and very much spring.  We wandered round the gardens happy and content.  We stopped and sat below a tree next to a crowd of daffodils, it was lovely.  Darwin was having a sensory overload with sun on his face, the warm wind blowing in his hair and the constant noise of jet engines flying above.  You know when Flash Gordon is about to cop it in the film 'Flash', and he see images of his life flash by before him, this was definitely one of those beautiful moments that I would remember if I was Gordon.

Kerry and I had a conversation about Jeremy Fisher, the character from Beatrix Potter.

M - "It's Jeremy Fisher.  I don't think he's a toad, I think he's a frog".
K - "What a crap name for a frog."
M looks puzzled.
K - "How many frogs do you know named Jeremy?"
M - "What about Jeremy Depardieu?"

*Note:  I know it's wrong to call French people 'Frogs' and I only did it for comedy effect and felt guilty for it right away, but surely it's not as bad as other racial slurs that proper racists make is it?  And I know that it's Gerard Depardieu.  And I also know that this is the 2nd time Mr Depardieu has appeared in this blog in a French Frog capacity.

**Note:  On a slightly related note I introduced myself to an Irish man this week as Mick.  He subsequently emailed me afterwards and called me Mark.  Shortly after the email he sent me another apologising for his mistake and hoped that he hadn't caused any offence.  I replied, "You Marks are all the same!".  It's also wrong to call Irish people "Micks".


I bought a pheasant and some special cous cous on the way out for tea.  It was shit!



"By the Daffodils"

"Jeremy Fisher - Frog"

Comments

Popular Posts