Venture Photography

The other week I went along to a photo shoot at Venture Photography after Kerry got a "Free" voucher when she bought the Audi.  She got the nieces and her family to come along and we all had our photos taken with a very enthusiastic photographer.

They use Bowens lights and have all round good minimal kit in a small room.  The photographer got everyone interacting well (I believe the secret to it was the "tickle") and the images she got weren't too bad.

Today we had the viewing.  Kerry's voucher was for £215, £50 of which was used on the shoot itself.  This left £165 free which coincidentally was the cost of a 10x8 print.  I was expecting things to be expensive but FUCK...ME!  The price for a 6x6 framed print cost £259 and you can pay anything up to £2,835 for a single print, spread over a 36 month payment option if you so wished.  It upset me slightly, not because I was missing out on something but I was thinking of all the softer vulnerable folk who get drawn into this con.  The images were nice but the prices are insulting, purely insulting.  Anyone could buy a really good digital SLR, studio equipment and pay to go on a course to learn about photography for the same price.

Venture Photography are a terrible company, and if I ever do take to rioting and smashing shops up I know where I'll start.

Comments

Popular Posts