Andrew Brooks

28th January

On this afternoon I spent 4 hours with Andrew Brooks.  I first saw Andrews work at the Urbis several years ago, in fact we were exhibiting at the same time, he had the entire first floor and I had 2 images near the reception area for about a fortnight!

Andrew does wide images and often in low light.  At first I thought they were simply super wide images incorporating a kind of HDR technique, however I was wrong.  As I found out during my session his images are constructed of many images, sometimes 100s, using layer masks, transform tools and selective lighting.  I tried to recreate some when I got back and soon into my experiments my PC started complaining about lack of resources.  I am wondering whether it's time to go MAC?

He's a lovely fellow and you can see more of his work on his website:

http://www.andrewbrooksphotography.com/main-gallery.php

"Andrew Brooks Himself"

"A landscape without the ability to do layer masks"

"A Manchester Landscape by Andrew Brooks"

Comments

Popular Posts