Luc Genot

I was admiring the pictures in Kerrys Grans house today.  Similar to my J H Lynch post back in August I felt compelled to find out who the artist was as one of the images was also adorned in my dads house when I was a youngster.

The artist is Luc Genot.  I found this bit of text on a fan site:

"Luc Genot is talented artist from Belgium and devoted his many interesting works to cats. He often showed wild and domestic cats with women and it was his point of view that cats are women and women are cats.  These perfect creatures of God can reflect the Call of the Wild and we can feel it too. LET THE WILD RUN FREE! ALWAYS! CATS AND WOMEN!"

Hmmm, there's a "pussy" pun in there somewhere isn't there?

"Cat, Woman and Bird"

"Cat, Woman, Battleship and partial carcass of a burnt sailor?"

Comments

  1. Could someone tell me more about the artist Luc Genot and more about this painting? thank you. andrej312@pokec.sk

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC artist.
    A Luc's friend,
    Gérard

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts