The Dogs

On Saturday night I attended a charity evening for the British Heart Foundation at Belle Vue greyhound racing track.  On entering the facility we were confronted by a handful of protestors from "Greyhound Action UK", an animal rights group campaigning for the end of greyhound racing.  Wikipedia suggests that the accuracy of their claims is questionable, I hope it is.  I may be a little naive when it comes to these matters but do dog trainers really destroy fat greyhounds when they can't win races?  Anyway I put that behind me and sat down to win loads of money on the dogs.

Jacko gave me a little tip about looking out for the dog that has a poo before the race and then bet on that one.  Another woman who had a remarkable resemblance to Shane Mcgowen gave me another tip about using historical data.  However neither worked (although Jackos tip may have worked, we didn't get to see a dog defecate!) and I came away a lot poorer than I walked in.  Saying that, when the bartender is apologising for the price of the drinks that isn't a good sign either.  I had 2 fresh orange juices all night and spent £60 on drink!  This was mainly consumed by Kerry who after she was bored with double Vodkas started drinking Aftershocks.

As the night got late Kerry got really drunk, became a pain in the arse and wanted to stay out all night.  The DJ was a woman in retirement playing all sorts of songs at variable speeds.  I think some of her friends had come to support her.  I also think she'd slipped some E's in their drinks causing them to dance in a Cocoon kind of styley to Prodigy songs.  Another man got up and sang the "Tally Me Banana" song, for some reason I thought "Racist" but that might have been unwarranted.

I do love her a lot but Kerry was a pain in the arse when she was drunk.  Was it wrong of me to get just a tiny amount of revengeful satisfaction when she did a little bit of sick in her brand new car?  I stopped up late to make sure she slept well though.

"Kerry at the Double Vodka stage"
"Jacko in the Movember stage"
"Kerry the Morning After"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts