How to Kill a Fox

30.07.11

As I was driving in the Trough of Bowland I came across the "Inn at Whitewell".  I had seen the restaurant several months earlier on TV on the Coogan/Brydon series "The Trip", so following in their footsteps I bobbed in for lunch.

It was all very nice.

When I was a kid I knew a lad who was always finding animals and stuffing them, always out in his wellies and often carrying an air rifle.  He told me that the most humane way to kill a fox was to creep up behind it (he didn't go into detail!), ram a finger up its anus and then whack it on the head with a truncheon.  I took it with a pinch of salt at the time but I saw something in the restaurant that might prove his theory right.


"Fox, killed in the most humane way?"

Comments

  1. I want a trophy mount an axe and a spot on a wall to hang the head of the monster that did that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts