The Old Man of Coniston

Over the past year or so Kerry has gotten into walking and often roams the Yorkshire 3 peaks.  I've been dormant for a time and don't particularly like the Yorkshire peaks, I find them tedious, and certainly doing the 26 mile 3 peaks walk isn't for me.  I have done the 3 peaks and swore that I'd never do them again.  However, as far as all the other mountains in Britain go I have climbed majority of the prominent ones and enjoyed them.  These include the UK's highest peaks Ben Nevis and Ben Macdui, the highest peaks in Wales, Snowdon and Garnedd Ugain, the highest peak in South Wales Pen-y-fan (carrying a 120kg case), 8 out of 10 of the highest peaks in England, attempts on Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn as well as many others.  However this doesn't stop Kerry trying to give me expert advice about walking, honestly, it's like walking with Sir Edmund Hillary sometimes!


Today we climbed England's 12th highest mountain, the Old Man of Coniston.  It used to be Lancashire's highest peak prior to the 1974 shift of county borders.


We were both proper knackered when we got back and lay on the sofa watching TV, and then we slept for 12 hours.
"Kerry at the summit of Coniston"

"Kerry trying to shove her fingers up my arse"


"Kerry watching the TV on the Sofa"

Comments

Popular Posts