Punks Picnic

So there was supposed to be a Punks Picnic in Hulme today.  I was quite excited so I banged the 50mm portrait lens on the 5D and headed down.  There was a group of about 10 people, 2 of which were Punks, I was disappointed!  It made me think though, do Punks go on picnics regularly?  What will be organised next, a Goths bouncy castle, a Rockers Tupperware party?  I suppose another thing that worked against me was that the picnic was due to start at 1pm and I turned up about 1.30pm.  I don't think Punks are punctual either are they?  Maybe they're real punctual and busy, turned up at 1, ate the picnic and went home to lay some flooring in the bathroom or something?

So I headed off into Manchester centre.  I set the lens to f2.8 with auto focus on and walked through the crowds pointing my camera in peoples faces as I walked passed them.  The camera isn't as quick to respond as the 50D but even so I'd be very surprised if people appeared sharp in the images, but that wasn't my intention anyway.  If I was doing this kind of thing in LA I doubt I'd be alive now.

I watched Dirty Harry in the evening who occasionally talked about Punks and then edited my images to the sounds of Lalo Schifrin, the musician responsible for the Dirty Harry sound tracks.


"Is this a bit Mona Lisa'ery?"

Comments

Popular Posts