Level with me Pete!

I went to see my friend and artist Pete Finnigan this week.  I haven't seen him in over a year, Jesus doesn't time go quick?  He's the kind of guy that has about a million friends and there's a reason why, he's so damn friendly, nice and happy and he begets a similar kind of peer.

There's always a funny story to be told in his presence.  A good friend of Pete's is Mickers.  As a young boy of 12 Mick wished he could ride a horse, probably a passion fuelled by Eastwood or Wayne, so to make his wish come true he turned up at a stables and asked if he could have a go on a horse.  "Have you ever ridden before?", he was quizzed.  "Yeah, I ride all the time", he lied.  After handing over £2 the attendant pointed at a fat horse saddled up in the corner of a field, "you can have that one for an hour", he was told.  Mick wandered over, managed to pull himself up onto the horse and instantly the horse went to its knees and lay down on its side crushing Mick into the mud and trapping him for the next hour.  The attendant turned up after an hour to find crushed Mick crying and dirty, "You've never ridden before have you?", asked the attendant, "No", he wept.

Pete drew Mau Mau (my old collie) from a photo I gave him and she now sits over me as I fiddle with photos and update my blog.

"Mau Mau by Pete Finnigan"

"Mau Mau by Michael Baeron"

Comments

Popular Posts