Salford Quays & Don McCullin

I went to the National War Museum on Salford Quays, not specifically to see war stuff (although I still hold on to a childhood fancination with the subject) but there was an exhibition by Don McCullin on display that I wanted to see.

I was impressed, Kerry cried. A powerful moment of the exhibition for me were the final 4 or so images in the display. Having been shepherded past his most popularised images of war torn scenes and the concequences of, his last images were of english landscapes and nothing to do with conflict at all. When I came back to England from the Gulf War it was a cold damp overcast day, I was blinded by the colour green and it felt like a heavenly place. The conclusion to the exhibition was a similiar feeling.

Walking back through Salford Quays I took the following images. Its quite a nice quay.

"Salford Quays Mirrored by Water"

"Salford Quays Mirrored by Water, Mirrored by Me"

Comments

Popular Posts