Rossendale

I read tonight that "The league of gentlemen" was based on a town in Rossendale, Bacup to be precise, only the producers claimed that Bacup was actually a bit too frightening to film in. It made me think of the time when the local hardware shop in Haslingden refused to accept a £2 coin for 150 2" nails (that they counted out individually!) because "they look a bit funny don't they?"

Any how, I'm appreciating it more and more and I intend to build up a collection of images from Rossendale, people and places.



"Path to Clough Bottom Reservoir"
On a separate note, there's a bit of land between Rawtenstall and Waterfoot where someone, possibly the council, has turned it into a wild summer meadow. Last year was the first time I saw it and I have been eagerly awaiting any signs of life for this year. Today I think I saw the first signs of life in the patch.



"Last Years Meadow"


I forgot to mention that last weekend I was talking to someone who told me they had large feet and a very small anus, how about that?
And, last night, I was tending to the windows boxes and the neighbours kids were playing outside, they're about 8 years old. Tony, the chap who lives on the other side of me, was walking towards them, very slowly because I think he's been a bit ill recently. One of the young lads bellowed, "Jesus Tony, how slow do you walk? The other night you walked passed our window and I didn't see daylight for 3 days!" I laughed out loud, Tony didn't laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts