Iceland

13th-16th Nov Brilliant! Iceland went bankrupt and now it's never been cheaper to visit AND, it was my girlfriends birthday and she wanted to go! To quote a friend of mine, "it's like nobbin 2 birds with 1 dick!", or as the phrase is more commonly known "killing 2 birds with 1 stone".

We landed in Kevlavik and promptly made our way to Reykjavík. I met a Norwegian chap called Harold who was lovely and he told me it was OK to eat sperm whale! The hot water was supplied straight from hot springs and it smelled like egg. They have a zero carbon footprint as a country but Jesus! Surely someone could invent summat!







Any road, we went to the blue lagoon on the next day, 37 degrees in the water and 0 out of it. Around the lagoon are tubs of special cream/mud that people use as face packs, gratis. I covered my entire body in it, it didn't do owt! On the way out we saw tubes of the special cream for sale, about £50 for 50ml. I reckon I used about £1000 of it!


Next day we went to Geysir (the only universally used Icelandic word!!) and Gullifoss waterfall. Monkeys were being laid off at the brass foundry so I bought an ace hat. The path to the waterfall was closed off to the public but I risked it. Ice isn't too "grippy" is it? Things got hairy at times but it was worth the walk.


I think I'd like to go back.

Comments

Popular Posts