Fat Mick


I had one of those old people’s visits to the doctors over Christmas. They took my blood pressure and did a blood test. The doctor panicked when she saw my blood pressure and claimed that if I had a heart attack or stroke in the next few hours she wouldn’t be surprised. The blood test also showed that I had a dicky thyroid, whatever that is. Tablets were prescribed and when I asked how long I had to take them for she said “You have to assume forever”! WTF?

Luckily I know what the issue is. Sure I’m getting old but the biggest problem is that I’m a fat, the doctor actually said obese. And no wonder, I eat like a fucking Labrador. Kerry will often buy me a giant toblerone and I’m inclined to eat it in one sitting, and quickly too before anyone asks for any! AND, I don’t do any exercise now.

And therefore I’ve gone into a weight loss regime and an exercise improvement drive. I’m writing this 3 months after the weigh-in where I weighed 102Kg. Now I’m down to 89.5Kg and desperately in need of a giant toblerone.

Nowadays people are keen to tell me that I look like David Costabile.


'David Costabile'

Comments

Popular Posts