Inappropriate Goings on in the Bus Shelter & Caravan Carnage


I wonder if in the future everyone will wear a uniform when they are to be seen in public. Will it be a world were food is replaced with an essential nutrient pill, where there are no different racial types because we’ve all diluted to be the same race? And everyone has one gender and reproduction is maintained through a very strict and controlled process through an organisation? I’m often reminded (sometimes by myself!) that I’m getting old and less appropriate.

Anyway, Darwin and I were sitting in the bus shelter eating some sweets. I popped some sweet teeth in my mouth, made my eyes narrow and made a sound like the pre-cursor to the words ‘Grasshopper’, a sort of “Urrrrr”, like endless comedians used to do when I was a kid, Eddie Large, Bobby Ball, Freddie Starr etc. I knew immediately it was wrong and had to quickly both dismiss and not make a scene when Darwin replicated my actions. People of my generation have to undo and rewrite many of the things we thought were once acceptable, it’s hard work!

We went to watch a demolition derby in the afternoon, Caravan Carnage at Warton Stock Car Club. It was ace! Loads of people were there, it was boiling hot and it was action packed. I definitely need to go again! During a crash where it was necessary to call an ambulance Darwin cooled down in the muddy sub estuary with other kids.










Comments

Popular Posts