Daddy, You're a 'Kin Idiot


I took a photo of Darwin the other day, he reminded me of Salvador Dali minus the moustache!

Just prior to the summer holidays Darwin went away with Kerry and her Dad and came back with Tourette’s. We were sat at the dinner table and we were discussing cousins. I told him that on my Mother’s side I had nearly 30 or so Aunts/Uncles/Cousins etc. He replied ‘F*ckin Hell!’. You can’t un-learn people about swearing can you? We simply have to make it clear that there is a time and place for language like that and there is always a danger that someone will get upset by it, and if I get complaints from school there's going to be hell to pay.

Darwin has started to call me ‘Dad’ rather than ‘Daddy’ and I was explaining to him that it sounded weird to me. He asked me what I wanted him to call me and I said “I don’t mind really. You can call me anything you want”. He said, “Can I call you the ‘S’ word?”

Last week we got pizza and Darwin’s favourite side dish mozzarella sticks. I too like the mozzarella sticks and couldn’t help myself from nabbing 1 or 2 occasionally, much to Darwin’s frustration. To calm him down Kerry said “I’m going to allow you to swear once and once only, OK?”. Darwin shouted “Daddy, you’re a f*ckin idiot!”. I know it’s a bit wrong but it was one of the funniest swears ever.






Comments

Popular Posts