Winder in Mi Wellies


Kerry and Darwin were away for the weekend so I went for a wander. Having never been up Settlebeck Ghyll that’s where I headed.

I stopped along the way to view some small waterfalls and every now and then I would admire the view of the Dentdale valley but before I knew it I was nearly atop of Winder, the Sedbergh Birkett, in my Wellies. I’m so unfit at the moment!

It was extremely mild for the time of the year, 16 degrees, so I lay on the grass and got my breath before taking a look around. I would benefit from coming up here a lot more often. But on the way down I felt like I could bite my feet off, that’s why people don’t walk up mountains in their wellies I guess!

When I was at the bottom I watched Sedbergh F.C. play a game of football and found myself slightly engrossed.




Comments

Popular Posts