The Beast from the East

The ‘Beast from the East’ descended on us on Tuesday night. That was the media’s name for the snow storm and some papers were advising people to stock up with food.

I don’t like to be defeated by weather so I left the house to clear the lane of snow down to the main road. There was about 6 inches in general but the occasional drifts were causing the biggest issues. I eventually got to the main road about 45 minutes later only to find the main road in a worse state than our road. And by the time I had got back to the house the snow had already covered up the track that I had dug. I was defeated.

Defeat accepted we had a lovely snow day. The wind was bitter but the snow was deep and the hills were plenty. We went into the field and sledged a little and then walked into Sedbergh to sledge down the castle hill along with the many others. That hill is quite amazing.

Last time I saw snow like this was back in 1982.




Comments

Popular Posts