Schrödinger

I was first introduced to Schrödinger's Cat by Duane Michals, well his images anyway, not him personally. This was about 10 years ago and since then I've been on a mild mission to try and understand WTF it is.

I've been making the mistake of asking clever physicists and sciencey types about it. They bombard me with bollocks and bunkem and go no-where to demystifying the theory. But this week I asked a clever philosopher person who summed it up in one sentence before getting on with the other stuff he was doing.

"To prove reality exists it requires interaction".

There, I'll draw a line under it now and think no more about it, even if that explanation is wrong.

Here's a Schrödinger joke:

Schrodinger is stopped whilst driving his car by a policeman who is conducting random stop & searches.

The officer looks over the car and asks Schrödinger if he has anything in the boot.

"A cat," Schrödinger replies.

The cop opens the trunk and yells "Hey! This cat is dead."

Schrödinger angrily replies, "Well he is now."



Comments

Popular Posts