The Cake Making Competition

I was part of a charity event recently where people were encouraged to bake cakes.  People would then buy the cake and the proceeds would go to Charity.

I have made 2 cakes in the past, and I think I made them both in 1987.  One was a farm (or a Hansel & Gretel kind of house) and the other was, even though I do say myself, a rather impressive Owl cake.  My first thoughts were to re-make the owl.  However the night before, this thought became such an unbearable task and I had to plead with Kerry to make me a cake.

Before she had the boy she had a go at making cup cakes and they were lovely.  I wasn't after much, just something I could present that made me look like I had made an effort.  When she discovered that this would be an ideal opportunity to trial her new mixer she leapt into action whilst I kept my eye on Darwin.

She emerged from the kitchen several hours later with flour on her face and giggled whilst she said, "I really don't know what it's going to taste like."  The final cake looked the part.  Essentially it was a base with 6 cupcakes on top, cleverly binded together with tough lemon icing.  I tasted one of the cupcakes that came from the same mixture.  It was like licking decades of sand from Mother Teresa's flip flop, I gagged into a bin to rid my mouth of this obscenity as quick as I could.

We came 4th out of 14!!!

"New Mixer with foul tasting Cup Cakes"

Comments

Popular Posts