Muckin About Up Trees

So this weekend we took off to Rivington, described on some web sites as Chorleys own mini lake district. Jesus! I mean it’s alright and that and it has a reservoir and a “Pike”, but the Lake District it ain’t.

The reason for going was to partake in the tree top adventures that are “Go-Ape” for Kerrys birthday. The last time I climbed a tree I was in 1985, I’ve grabbed a picture of the very tree and highlighted the very point where my body last touched it.
"The Tree I Fell Out Of"
At the time I was a fearless tree climber and scaled up the tree to release a rope swing. After releasing the swing I stood up to walk along a thick branch that jutted out 50 foot above a wooded area and as I negotiated a twist in the branch I steadied myself by leaning on another smaller branch. The smaller branch snapped and I plummeted to earth much quicker than I had intended breaking my arm in 16 places, I was very lucky.

After that my passion for tree climbing subsided and now 26 years later I found myself where I left off. This time I was wearing a harness with 2 safety lines, and despite every now and then having a few vertigo moments I remained brave.

Zip wires were called death slides in my day!



"Jacko on the Zip"
"Mr B on the Zip"
"Kerry forcing a "Malteser" out"

Comments

Popular Posts