The Wedding in Pwllheli

I took a 6 hour 300 mile round trip yesterday to photograph the wedding of Vanessa & Paul.  The service took place at St. Peters Anglican Church and the reception at Gimblet Rock.

It was a relatively short assignment for me so I had the scope to over compensate with bracketing, flash and 2 cameras at all times.  The couple were a lovely pair and had lots of ideas of their own, including a short yomp through the dune grass to the top of Gimblet Rock, thankfully Vanessa wasn't afraid to go "off-road" in her dress and made my job very easy.

It isn't my style to force shots so when couples want to stage images it works for me because it becomes real life, it's what they wanted to do, it was part of the day if you know what I mean.  However, when I got back I uploaded the images and wanted to check out one particular photograph that I had quickly reviewed on the cameras LCD screen, and it looked like a staged shot.  It's my favourite image of the day.  It isn't of the couple, its the brides father and best man.  After a group shot of the guys the best man jokingly said, "have we to all jump in the air"?  The suggestion was dismissed by the majority of men however the brides father looked disappointed.  "OK why don't the pair of you jump"? I said.

Luckily for me they jumped, I love it, the expressions on their faces are fantastic, 2 men happy to jump!



"2 Men Happy to Jump"

Comments

Popular Posts