Southport Airshow

I drove to Southport through the countryside, adult barley and fields of crops either side of the roadside all the way there.  I was thinking to myself, "what kind of insensitive ambulance driver would pick you up after an injury warranting an ambulance and then drop you off at home?", surely they're obliged to take you straight to hospital aren't they?  The hooligan chant "You're going home in a f*ckin ambulance" is wrong!

A number of shortcuts were necessary as the traffic came to a standstill 10 miles from my destination.  I enjoyed it though, driving through small agricultural villages marveling at the power of the satnav.

I got to the show just in time to catch the first Spitfire.  It's not only a beautiful looking thing it sounds amazing too, like a million pistons running finely tuned and lubricated.  It instantly got me feeling like I wanted to jump in one and shoot the shit out of some Luftwaffe.  Then came the Tornados, kin awesome.  I wanted them to drop a 1000lb bomb on the Southport shores, everything would be OK, it's massive Southport beach.

And then a Lancaster bomber!  Even if the bomber had been dropping British Beef, Yorkshire puddings and Bulldogs I couldn't have felt any more British!

And then what next?  A glider!  I know what you're thinking, "sounds a bit gay!", however this was the least gay glider I've seen.  It virtually free fell from a huge height, twizzin and loop the loopin all over the shop.

There were a few displays after that and then the Red Arrows did their thing.  My friend Jason said, "Bloody Red Arrows, they'd turn up to the opening of the local Co-op", however I thought they were pretty spectacular.

"The Red Arrows"

"Glider (not gay!)"

"Red Arrows make a back scratcher"

Comments

Popular Posts