10 Distilleries with Fat Alan

A couple of months ago Danny & I were sat in my car discussing the probability of another trip to Scotland.  In previous years we've been to Ballater & Skye but this time we were interested in Islay, a island populated with fine distilleries.  To avoid a political "Hoo-Har" we decided that it might be best to take the girlfriends this time.  "Get a weekend when you're both free", he said, "and we'll book that time off too".  So, eventually a weekend out of our very busy lives was chosen (the last weekend in November) and we began planning.

Last week whilst we were talking about the best distilleries to visit Danny said, "What if we're too pissed to drive? We don't want to be crashing into things on the ferry!", "It's alright", I replied, "I'll get Kerry to drive".  "WHAT???" was the reaction.  He wasn't taking his girlfriend and had failed to tell me.  I had been building the trip up for Kerry and now had to let her down at the last minute!  It's a good job I have an understanding girlfriend.  

I think the thing that pissed her off the most was that the cheapest place to stay was in fact a castle on the shores of Loch Fyne, a stark contrast to the places we usually stay at.  The place we stayed in on Skye had the following comment on Trip Advisor, "Utterly disgusting, I will never stay here again.  I found a dirty pair of underpants discarded in the cupboard", however this time, former home of the Campbells and 4 Star Castle for only £26 a night including breakfast!

On our distillery visit I decided to make a photo project.  Danny has this face he pulls inspired by Alan Partridge when he was fat.  Every photo involved me saying, "Do the face", laughing lots and then taking more.  He was getting quite pissed off with it at the end of the weekend.

"Fat Alan"














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts