Anuside (Arnside!)

Although we have watched the Arnside bore before I don’t think Darwin has ever been old enough to appreciate it. So he and I went to Arnside which surprisingly is only 25 minutes away! In my head I thought we were about 1½ away from the coast but I’m completely wrong. The coast is close enough to us now that it’s convenient enough to bob down to after work (in BST!) to walk the dogs and have an ice cream!

We walked the shores for a while and witnessed the bore come in, and it was mildly exciting. A group of kayakers had drove to Arnside a few hours before us, paddled out on the receding tides and then rode the bore back in shore. If I didn’t have such a distain for kayaking I would think that that sounds like an exciting thing to do.

Darwin and I then got an ice cream and sat on the pier watching an old boy fishing with his grandson. He managed to catch one which was very exciting and it certainly grabbed our attention. However, when it came to unhooking the fish our attention was grabbed by something else. The man’s lower garments were fighting against gravity virtually revealing his anus. Darwin and I found this very funny.

 





 

Comments

Popular Posts