Taking Freedom for Granted

It’s quite peculiar this new world order during the pandemic and its one which is slowly becoming the norm, and we’re going to be feeling the impact of it for some time now.

Virtually the only 2 occasions I ventured out during the first 3 months of lockdown was once to the supermarket to get food and supplies and another to B&Q, for DIY supplies. The Supermarket ‘Click & Collect’ service wasn’t too bad, I simply had to drive into the car park and park 10m away from anyone else, wait for my food to be brought and dropped off in trolleys at the back of the car and once the staff had retreated back into the building I loaded the food into my car whilst wearing gloves and sanitising my hands afterwards.

B&Q was a fucking nightmare. I had to queue for 45 minutes to get in whilst never being within 2m of another person. I had then to go round the aisles in a particular order to find that they didn’t have what I wanted anyway, and then it took another 45 minutes to get out of the store.

It’s funny how we took social interactions, not having to wear face masks and not having to sanitise your hands every 10 minutes for granted prior to this. I’m hoping this becomes a thing of the past very soon.

Click and Collect Asda

B&Q


Comments

Popular Posts