Knott with a Dog

Whilst the details of the lock down were being put together Kerry, Darwin, Mouse and I decided to take a trip up Knott. It was one of those early spring days where you didn't know whether you were going to freeze or boil to death.

On the way up I said 'Hello' to a couple of fell ponies. I had heard stories that they can be a bit 'bitey' but I found them to be very friendly.

When we reached the top we stopped for a small snack and made sure we were sticking to the new social distancing recommendations. We did see people 1.37Km away on Winder and given that the new ruling suggests 2m thought that we might be within the guidelines. We're extremely lucky. 

Note: I think we're actually over the worst of it now and the government is starting to relax the lockdown. Lots of people see the relaxing as a total free for all and beaches are now starting to get crowded again in their usual summer manner. It's alright for me to cast aspersions but here we are with all the space and luxury and it isn't right for me to do so. If I was cooped up in an environment where I didn't have a big garden and places to go where I didn't have to see anyone I think I'd be tempted to go to the beach. Aspersions reserved.






Comments

Popular Posts