Brendan, Ciara & Dennis


We’ve had 3 bloody storms with names in a short succession, all culminating at the weekends, Brendan, Ciara & Dennis. You know weather is ‘real’ when it gets a name don’t you?

After the first storm had cleared I went for a little walk to photograph the aftermath. It was pretty exciting. A few people were out doing the same too. When I look at the Sedbergh photos on Facebook everyone takes a photo of the weir, it drives me mad, but even I had to take one this time.

Even in between storms there were some heavy down pours. On my way to work one morning I came to an impassable corner by Dawson’s fuel yard. The corner was completely flooded and in the middle of the flood was a car with water nearly touching the windscreen. On the shores of the puddle stood a man drenched from head to toe holding a briefcase with water dripping out of it, he had had to eject himself mid-puddle. I was tempted to laugh but manage to control that evil side of me.

Although we’ve recently had enough rain to kick start Noah into building an ark I bet before too long we’ll be moaning about there not being enough water.






Comments

Popular Posts