The New Bench and Rockys 1 to 4


Darwin and I were going to do something for the day together but instead at 9 o’clock in the morning there was a knock at the door. “Is Darwin playing out?” asked the girls from next door. I hadn’t experienced this before from a parent’s point of view. When I was a lad we were constantly knocking on each other’s doors to see who was playing out but nowadays it’s very rare to get a knock on the door from anyone, never mind kids!

I know how much he loves playing with the girls next door so I found something else to do.

For the start of the play Darwin wanted to dress up as a bad guy and ride around on his scooter and Beau wanted to do gymnastics. I think they were trying to impress and outdo one another. Eventually it turned into an all-day running around thing adventure.

During that time I built a bench out of old refrigeration pallets, and I don’t mind saying so myself that I was quite impressed with the end product and I think it’ll be there in years to come. Anyone who knows me is aware that this kind of thing isn’t natural for me, even Kerry was laughing during the construction of it. "Can't wait to sit on your bench for midgets" she said.

O, and to explain Darwin’s muscle pose, we’ve just recently watched Rocky 1 to 4 and he was so impressed that he now wants to be the world strongest man, like Rocky! I know… I’ve tried to explain.






Comments

Popular Posts