Elysium


I remember thinking the summer holidays would never end when I was a kid, how could they, they were 6 weeks long! And because I’m always playing catch up with the blog, now its mid-autumn and summer seems like an absolute age away.

The backlog of photos enforce how long ago it was and looking back reflectively I always get the impression that I didn’t make the most of it.

Anyway, here are a few summer pics. The grass has grown long in the field but Pete took the initiative to mow an area at the top of the field. It acts as a bit of a recreation area and I feel we need to make more of it next year. That bit of the field is one of my most favourite places in the world, and it’s ours! Darwin and I play hide and seek in the grass, a tiger could easily hide in it, and if there is one I think this is definitely my Elysium.

We had a ride round Grasmere too. I say ‘we’, I mean Darwin with Kerry and I in tow. When we got to the other end of the mere Darwin covered himself in bread and got the ducks to jump on him, he loved it. On the way back he was getting giddy with swans hissing at him in the café.

We actually made a full day of it. After Grasmere we had a little visit to the western shores of Thirlmere, a lake which I'm totally unfamiliar with and we made a promise to return one day. And then after that we bobbed into Ambleside for a little play on the park.







Comments

Popular Posts