The Party, 5

Darwin is going to turn 5 this week. We’re taking him to London for his birthday, going to the Natural History Museum, see the statue of his name sake and some dinosaurs and that, maybe do an open top bus ride etc. He didn’t request any of that, all he really wanted was a party. So on Saturday a small group of his friends came over and we tried to have a party.

Kerry did some face painting and then we took them into the field to do some games. Firstly we tried musical statues. Darwin was the second person to get knocked out and being the competitor he is he started crying and kicked off a little. Kerry managed to calm him down quite quickly though. The runner up of the competition wasn’t happy about not winning and simply took off like Forrest Gump, over the stile and right out of the field. And that was just the first game!

Secondly I thought I’d split them into teams and get them to race and spin around sticks, get them super dizzy and run back. However, everyone wanted to be on the same team and it was like herding cats, consequently everyone just ran to me and I twizzed them round a bit!

The game I knew I was prepared for was pass the parcel. I had taken the mobile karaoke machine into the field, and had personally created the parcel myself. Of course I had included sweets and toys in each layer marking the girl’s toys with a pink layer of wrapping paper, sorted! The one thing I hadn’t tested was the pause function on the phone and this became apparent on the first round of the parcel. Consequently, some boys got girl presents, girls got boy presents, some kids ended up with 3 presents and some ended up with none. Forrest Gump was one of those who ended up with none and as a result he took off again.

I felt quite guilty!

Any road, as it happens I think everyone enjoyed themselves in the end.



Comments

Popular Posts