The Pantomime

We went to a pantomime at the weekend. Initially when I was looking for a suitable pantomime I came across one in Manchester with John Barrowman and the Krankies. Kerry is quite a fan of John Barrowman so I went to book tickets. £52.50 a ticket! Are you kin kiddin??? I’d be struggling at paying that for Robert De Niro and the Minogue sisters, never mind Barrowman and the Krankies. The Krankies? I didn’t know they were still alive.

Any road, I booked for the Guild Hall in Preston instead and we got exactly what I was hoping for. Lots of “He’s behind you”, “O, no he isn’t” and booing when the baddy came on. The kids were going mental.

It’s not going to win any Oscars but the show was great, the effects and stages thoroughly impressive and we got exactly what we were after. I was looking at the works of Phil Walker & Paul Zenon after the show expecting to be completely un-impressed with their non-pantomime personas. How wrong I was. Phil is a genuinely funny guy and Paul is a great performer and psychic sceptic. I’m impressed.

Preston still does nothing to impress me though, it’s a shame. There were a fair amount of drugged up idiots roaming the day lit streets growling and shouting. I wonder if zombies were first conceived of after a visit to Preston? I did think about returning with my camera one day though.





Comments

Popular Posts