Old Man with Waxy Ears

Darwin and I went to the Chippy the other night. (It infuriates me if Kerry says “Are we having a Chippy tonight?”. I hadn’t heard the use of ‘Chippy’ as a word for food before until I met her, it was always, and still is, the place where they cook chips. Mind you she calls Asda, Asda’s, that also infuriates me!) Any road, I sat Darwin on the counter and he said to me in no un-secret tone, “Look Daddy, that man has got yellow play-do in his ears”. I could only imagine what he was talking about, I was pretty sure there wasn’t a man with yellow play-do in his ears! “Look Daddy”, he said again. I just ignored him and realised at this point he had me in a ‘Check Mate’. “Look Daddy, look at the Play-do”. I didn’t want to look. I didn’t want to tell him that I didn’t want to look. He then grabbed my chin and forced to look whilst shouting, “LOOK”.

I turned expecting to see an old farmer with waxy ears, it was an old woman with an earing aid.




Comments

Popular Posts