Northern Ireland

I had never been to Ireland so I was quite excited to get this opportunity.  Given the choice, thinking as a photographer, I would much rather visit Belfast than Dublin.  I wasn't given a choice but fortunately for me I had the need to visit Belfast.

Once my business was complete I just had enough time to whizz up to County Antrim and visit NI's No.1 tourist attraction Giants Causeway.  I was expecting it to be a disappointment but it wasn't as much as a disappointment as I thought it would be.  (The National Trust are welcome to use that statement on their brochures if they so wish!)

The real good thing is that because there were tourists a plenty I got chance to use my Northern Irish accent and no one knew the difference.  To my ears I sound nothing but authentic but I am fully aware that to strangers ears I probably sound like a twat.  It made me happy though!

"The Irish Sea"

"The Causeway and Chimney Stacks"

"Hexagonal Basalt"

Comments

  1. Great professional pics, Michael... But, be honest, the scenery of the Giant's Causeway helped you a lot! Did you have the chance to use your proper Northern Irish accent at the new visitor centre? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) I wouldn't dare use my accent on a native, what if they started up a proper conversation? I'd be mortified!

    The new visitors centre was great and the people, like everyone I met in Northern Ireland, were lovely, and I mean proper lovely. For me, the most beautiful thing about Northern Ireland is the people, Trip Advisor should have them down as the No.1 tourist attraction!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts