1000 Dogs, No Turds. No Dogs but 1000 Turds - Blackpool v's Lowther

The day after Blackpool Pete and I took a trip up to the Lowther Show. What a contrast to Blackpool! There were about a thousand dogs at the show yet I didn’t see 1 turd. I didn’t see 1 dog in Blackpool yet I saw a thousand turds!

We watched dogs chase and find stuff, watched the Cumberland wrestling, looked at some knives and country attire, and Pete then nearly shat himself because his hog roast butty didn’t agree with him.

During our visit we got talking to a man, who learning that we were from Sedbergh enquired about the cannons in Sedbergh. I didn’t know anything about them but I have found a few now. Apparently they were left by Bonnie Prince Charles men as they retreated back to Scotland and now they hang about like bollards around the town.







Comments

Popular Posts