Killing Psycho Killer

I think I’ve played the guitar more than any other time in my post band era over lockdown. Things are very much different nowadays. In the olden days the process of learning how to play a new song was quite laborious. You learnt either by copying off other musician friends, maybe getting an idea from watching the hand movements of bands on the TV or stage or buying a book. Or, if you’re one of those talented people who can work it out yourself, well very good, I’ve never been one of those for all but the simplest of songs. Nowadays I can sit in front of the computer and flick up the lead, rhythm or bass parts for virtually any song.

Whilst I work from home, instead of having smoke breaks (I haven’t smoked for about 5 years now!) I pick up the guitar and learn bits of songs that I like. I can now play the intro to ‘Another Girl Another Planet’ and ‘Plug in Baby’ to the extent where I can impress myself (My standards are quite low!!).

I was a late comer to David Byrne but I think he’s quite awesome. Darwin likes to join in when I play, be it with a bit of singing or even more recently with a bit of jazz flute. He’s learning flute at school and I was convinced he would never get a note out of it, however now he can confidently play at least 3 notes, I’m quite impressed! Like I said, ‘standards’!

Any road here’s me and Piggy doing a bit of a Talking Heads tune.


 

Comments

Popular Posts