Easedale Tarn

We went up to Easedale Tarn today for the first time. It’s a lot less painful walking with Darwin now, it doesn’t always end up with him asking to be carried, indeed I doubt I could if I tried, but if I can keep him interested we don’t get too many slumps to the ground. It’s funny because all kids nowadays seem to have a water bottle within immediate reach and when we’re out of the house Darwin can’t go 30 minutes without needing a drink. When I was a kid I’m sure most days I would go without liquids between 08:00 & 17:00hrs.

Easedale is a lovely place but it appears that everyone visiting the Lakes goes there. What Bowness, nay Grasmere, is to towns, Easedale is to tarns (I think Tarn Hows is the Bowness). I like the solitude of the Lakes so having folk who have to shout to be heard in the busy cities isn’t my cup of tea.

On the way down we past a group of girls using studiously using an iPhone to navigate. They stopped and asked “Do you know the way to Helm Crag?”. Although I didn’t know exactly I did have an idea whereabouts it was and that was north to where we were. “I’m not too sure but I thought it was over there” pointing north I said. “OK, we’ll just carry on walking then” they replied. 50 metres along the track there was a sign pointing north saying ‘Helm Crag’. I wondered if the tech or the people were at fault.

 






 

Comments

Popular Posts