Walks and the Spooky Wood

Fortnite, the video game, is taking up most of Darwin's time. We're using it very much as a carrot and stick incentive and punishment during these times. Recently we've managed to work out how to play it split screen so I can partner up with him and I've come to realise how good he actually is at it. It's like Call of Duty but with dancing and Darwin makes me feel quite old and out of touch. I do get dropped from his preferred playmates when another youngster is online though!

But during my non work hours we sometimes go for a walk out and about in the fields and that's quite special. Granted most of the conversation is about fucking Fortnite(!!!) but we also get to discuss other things and have fun. We've actually discovered a number of places on our doorstep that we were unaware of like the half fell walk (the walk half way up and across Crook), Dowbiggin and the spooky wood.

You know me, I don't believe in anything, gods, ghosts, Santa and I really have to hold myself back when Kerry, her Dad and Darwin are watching bollocks about Big Foot, but the spooky wood does put me on edge. That doesn't stop me from going there but whenever I'm in the wood I'm constantly looking over my shoulder for some reason. I've tried to rationalise it and put it down to being a wood that's been left to do its own thing and so it's dark and dense. That said, every time I go there I have to rescue lambs that have got stuck in the fence surrounding the wood. I have a theory that the wood does this on purpose and sucks the lambs in to feed off their blood! 





Comments

Popular Posts