Shooting


A couple of years ago I wrote an entry entitled Sniper 964 about the time we visited Kendal Rifle Club as a social event at work. I ended it by saying ‘I might join the club’. Any road, I did join the club and I haven’t written anything about it since. My modesty surprises me because I haven’t been doing too bad.

During the first 6 months or so I used a club rifle and then I got my very own rifle. It’s an Anschutz 1813, and even though it isn’t shiny and new I love it. Once that happened things started getting good.

Since then I’ve come first in my divisions at 2 Carlisle open shoots, Wigan 50m, Newmarket open shoots and was the highest scorer in my division and club during the summer league. Small victory’s but it pleases me because I love the sport so much.

The other month I also got my first 100, closely followed by my second 100. For it you get a little medal and that little medal trumped any of the previous wins, it was lovely. 





Comments

Popular Posts