The Inn-Spectors

One of my most favourite elements of Christmas is the school play, it really warms my heart. This year it was the Inn-Spectors, a modern take on the classic nativity.

There were two performances this year, a matinee and an evening performance and I excitedly went to both. Darwin was Traveller No. 3. Once again he had an acting master class from myself incorporating vocal projection, and this time actions with words. For instance, when he shouted out the line “Queues for miles and miles” he raised his hand to his brow to give an indication he was looking far away.

During the evening show I told Darwin I would get as close as possible to the front of the stage. He’s a funny boy and makes me laugh regularly. Whilst he was on stage he would make eye contact and point at me mouthing the words ‘ice hole’, which he knows is a variation of ‘arse hole’.

Last night (I’m a bit behind on blog updates!) Kerry put a bunch of birthday invites in his school bag. “Darwin?” she said trying to get his attention whilst he was watching TV “make sure that when you get to school you give these envelopes to your teacher so she can hand them out. I’ve put them in your school bag.” “OK” he nonchalantly replied. As soon as she left the room he turned to me and said “I’m gonna forget. I don’t even look in my school bag as soon as I leave here!” That made me
laugh.







Comments

Popular Posts