Back, Sack & Cracks for Old Folk


Whilst Kerry was having a massage in an old people’s home I took photos of people around Keswick.

When I was a youngster we were encouraged to get involved with the Harvest Festival. Sounds like a delightful thing doesn’t it? Big bundles of wheat, freshly baked bread, summer fruits all being man handled by burly farmers and buxom lasses. In actuality it involved me asking my parents for something to give to the harvest festival collection and my parents reluctantly donating the oldest tin of something in the cupboard, usually something weird like chestnuts in brine. We were then all made to visit the old people in homes around the town. And the old people were proper old in them days, wrapped in huge coats and blankets and occasionally going to the toilet in their seats. There is no way that they would ever have the stomach or teeth to eat the things being donated to them.

By comparison nowadays old folk are proper extreme sports. They have their own flats, probably have all night parties and get a back, sack and crack on a monthly basis in the beauty/massage parlour.

Anyway she said it was a very good massage. Like I said I went about Keswick photographing folk, I don’t do enough of this either. It feels like everyone in Keswick has a dog yet there is hardly any dog muck. In some towns it feels quite the reverse.






Comments

Popular Posts