Yorkshire Sculpture Park

08.09.09

It’s a sad time when I would much rather go to Yorkshire than my home town of Preston isn’t it? Today, the Bunster and I took a trip to Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Wakefield.

What an absolutely lovely place. The weekend was reminiscent of a summers weekend, like the ones we used to have, a rare sight this year. The parkland is kept spick and span and scattered amongst its vastness are a whole host of sculptures.

I have quite a bit of respect for sculptors, it’s definitely not a lazy mans art. Sure, some of the work I’ll frown at and secretly think, “that’s shit!”, but I appreciate the amount of effort that goes into the work.

Amongst the many things that I would do if I was a multi-millionaire would be to create a big sculpture of summat, don’t know what though, maybe a massive cock!


"Ursula von Rydingsvard - Damski Czepek"

"Sophie Ryder - Sitting"

"Anthony Gormley - One and Other"

Comments

Popular Posts