Munchen, Gazelle, Beckbauer, Jeans

I like to think that I’m not susceptible to targeted marketing but I’m wrong. Nowadays the way we shop is completely different to the olden days. The other day whilst working in the woods I remembered I needed some M10 allen bolts, so I jumped on my phone and onto the internet in less than a minute and I received the bolts the following day. In the olden days this would have meant a planned trip to somewhere, probably at a weekend when I would have had time to do it, and if the shop didn’t have any they might point me in the right direction of a different shop. And if they didn’t have any they would have to be ordered and I would have to return the following weekend. What a palaver!

Surely the age of the shop, certainly for the immediate future, is dead for most things isn’t it? I think there will be strong incentives for people to shop more locally in the future in the form of high taxes for buying stuff from thousands of miles away, but for now the internet is the way to go. The problem is that now my phone knows exactly what I want and it’s pretty clever at targeting me with the things I didn’t know I wanted. I’m a sucker for Adidas classic trainers and Facebook constantly dangles what I think are must have deals in front of me. Actually I’m sat here typing in my blue and red Munchens, one of 6 pairs of Adidas trainers I’ve acquired over lockdown!

My favourite pair are currently my yellow Beckenbauers but god knows why I bought a matching hoodie! I can't wait to get a petrol blue pair of Adidas Jeans too.

 



Comments

Popular Posts