Cousins

We met up with my siblings this weekend and Piggy’s Baeron cousins. He can be a solitary character in that if he finds something that will occupy him, a Thomas train and track for instance, he is more engrossed in that than he is other people. So at Emma’s we leave him in the play room where the cousins tend to be anyway and we check on him with less frequency than we used to. He does get involved but I guess at this stage he’s more taken with the toys than the cousins.

Saying that, when we got back that evening and into the following day he was requesting “I want to see my cousins”.

My Mother had 10 siblings herself (4 brothers and 6 sisters, all of whom were named Mary! Apart from Magdalene, she was just a slut and got rejected by the family! How catholic is that? (There wasn’t a Magdalene!)) and therefore it’s no surprise that I have quite a number of cousins myself. However I would severely struggle to recognise all but 2 of them I think. The only cousin I did have a connection with was from the other side (I don’t mean was dead or anything, I mean the non-Baeron side). He was Paul and his parents were more middle class. They had plum trees in their garden and a full sized snooker table in their house. They even had an old train carriage at the bottom of the garden where Paul had a stash of nuddy mags. I used to really enjoy going to his house, and not just for the nuddy mags. I would struggle to recognise him now though.

Any road.





Comments

Popular Posts