The Power to Incite

Talking about Pif a few posts ago got me thinking about a lad from even further back, Keith Jones. I knew Keith between the ages of 4 & 6 and then we went our separate ways. In my memory he looks like Charlie Drake, always dressed in shorts, always laughing and always making me laugh. I remember him pinching some Blackpool rock off me once and throwing it off a railway bridge and there was nothing I could do, I was incapacitated by laughter for the first time.

During 'Playtime' at school we would play a game invented by myself called 'Catch the Pigeon', inspired by the cartoon of the same name. The game was simple, Keith being the smallest of us all naturally was the pigeon and everyone else had to catch him, sounds like a game of 'catch' doesn't it, but this was the twist I put on it. When the 'pigeon' (Keith) was caught the winner of the game would be the person holding his shorts that had been ripped off his little body. It would be funny doing it only once but even funnier when I came to learn that all I needed to do to incite a crowd to rip off a little boys shorts, was start singing the theme tune to 'Catch The Pigeon'.

I can't find Keith Jones using the powers of the internet, his name is too ubiquitous, but I imagine he'll look just like Charlie Drake.

"Charlie Drake"
 
"Catch the Pigeon"

"Holy Communion, and I'm still livid that I was made to wear White Socks!"

Comments

Popular Posts