Saatchi and Kew

Neither Kerry or I had ever been to the Saatchi gallery so on the Sunday we popped in.  Now, I don't profess to being any kind of art expert but Jesus Christ!  What a load of pretentious shit, absolutely unbelievable!  The ground floor was brilliant mainly because it contained a book shop full of hard to find books.  The first level was a floor full of engine sump oil and I quite liked this, but everything between this and the top floor made me angry. The only thing that prevented me from smashing the place up was a show of photographs from the last 50 years of The Times, these were wonderful.  I took a few images of the images, mainly portraits.

We then travelled to Kew Gardens where we were greeted by lawns of crocus and trees full of wild parakeets. I tried hard not to think about the Saatchi as I felt it would make me grab a parakeet in anger then throttle it and throw it against a wall.


"Some crap at the Saatchi"

"Kew at Sunset"
"Images of Images"

"Bono's Mum?"



Comments

Popular Posts